It has simultaneously been one of the hardest and one of the best years of my life. It started out with the fragile hope that my early pregnancy would actually result in a real, live baby. It's ending with the fragile hope that I can overcome the post partum depression that has knocked me on my ass since our beautiful, perfect son was born in July.
And everything in between?
Lots of change and BIG THINGS in 2013.
- I went to Japan for some training for work. It is sort of a blur though. I was 20ish weeks pregnant and got a noro-virus. I hope to go back one day under more travel-friendly circumstances.
- We sold our beloved townhouse and moved across town to S's family home....big house, big yard and great vibes in the house. We're still getting settled and I often wonder if I will ever be completely settled here.
- In July, I worked my last day of work before leaving for 18 months maternity leave.
- I gave birth to a beautiful boy. We named him London. Like the city.
- My relationship with my closest friends fell apart somehow but I'm honestly not sure how or why it happened. I miss them.
- Baby started preschool three afternoons a week and is registered for kindergarten next year. We are still considering homeschooling or some sort of hybrid.
Life is very busy yet I still find myself unable to accomplish much beyond making sure we're all fed, clothed and bathed. I wish I could blog about being a super mama that does it all but in reality I just get by most days. And most days I'm just fine with that.
|Kindergarten registration day!|
|Little One still doesn't like to be put down!|
|First snowman in our new yard|
|5 months old!|
|Birthday fairy is worn out...she's 4 now!|