Thursday, October 7, 2010

Yum

Baby loves avocado! Really, really, really loves. She'll push other food off her highchair tray or just off to the side to get at the green mushy goodness. I can't blame her really. One of my favourite things is avocado on toast. It's also one of the few times I add salt to a food. Mmmmmm.



She does eat other food as well. She likes yam, squash, bananas, peach, blueberries, yogurt, egg (yolk), quinoa and tofu. She doesn't eat a whole lot and is still nursing up a storm but it is really fun for all of us to share a meal together. I went through a stage where I could not cook anything because Baby would follow me into the kitchen which is really close to the stairs. We didn't have a baby gate installed so my time at home basically consisted of me "rescuing" Baby from falling down the stairs. We finally installed a baby gate between our kitchen and dining/living room so I can happily cook while Baby can safely watch me (or play if I'm too boring for her) from the other room. Yay us. I've already cooked 2 full meals this week. While that may not seem like a great accomplishment, for me, these days, it is! I'm very proud. S has been getting off work a bit early as well so we can actually eat together at a decent time. Yay us again.

Oh and we have a sort of night time routine going on. More on that another time. It's all about the small steps, my friends.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Soooooo big
Soooooo cute!