Friday, December 4, 2009

Well, here I am 2 days shy of 36wks pregnant. 9 months. Up until a couple of years ago I didn't get the 40wks pregnant thing. I do now that I know it is calculated from the start of your last menstrual period - which tacks on that extra 4wks or so at the beginning.

Anyway, 36wks. Yep, here I am. I have slept really well the last 2 nights. And by that I mean I sleep for about an hour and a half to two hours at a time and I haven't been waking up with terrible muscle spasms in my back. I do, however, wedge myself inside a ring of 5 pillows. It was 4 pillows up until a week ago. Rolling over or getting up is often an amusing feat of wriggling around, grunting, pushing and puffing. I also informed S the other night that her future son or daughter has learned a new trick! Very clever this little one! He or she has learned to push and kick my bottom ribs on the right side! Yay! We're very proud. So far none of them hurt but it could just be a warm up. I'll keep you all updated.

I only have 9 days of work left! I am really looking forward to finishing up as my heart and head haven't really been in it for over a month now. However, I started feeling a bit weird this week when I realized that I won't see these people for over a year! That's the longest I've ever been out of work since I was 15 years old (except when I was at uni - which was a full time job in my opinion).

So, 36wks. 1 wk to 'full term.' 9 days of work left.

I'm REALLY excited!!!

No comments: