Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy (early) Birthday To Me

I kept forgetting my birthday was coming up! Mind you, it takes a lot of coaxing for me to really celebrate my birthday. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an unselfish martyr by any means. I just sort of forget that it's my birthday every year and then get encouraged by S. to celebrate in some way - which usually turns out very nice. This year is the last birthday as a "non mom." I'm not sure if becoming a mom will change anything but you never know. I was born one day before my mom and we always celebrated our birthdays together so maybe it will be different. That's another reason birthdays are hard for me. They make me miss my mom a lot. She would have been a youthful 66 on Wednesday. I wish I could have seen her get old. I still feel like she was robbed of her "golden years." I especially wish she could have met her newest grandchild that is on the way. I will make sure this little one knows what a wonderful woman she was.

So, back to my birthday. I have the day off work and will have a "me" day. At this point that will likely mean sleeping in as much as I can (which is getting harder to do with my growing list of aches and pains), going for a chiropractor treatment, going out for lunch somewhere, shopping for a new book and a nap.

No comments: