Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Get 'er done

I decided a couple of days ago that I need to get more stuff done at home. I have a very busy life and am out a fair bit but I need to make sure when I'm home that I'm getting stuff done. Like our second bedroom. It is still just holding stuff rather than being a nice place to be. It's such a cute little room, it gets the morning sun and it's just a nice place to be. It will eventually be Baby's room but for now we want it to be a playroom/den/guest room. We have had almost 2 years to get it finished and for some reason it is taking us forever to do it! To be fair, we have done some stuff in there. It has been painted, a new heater was installed, new curtains have been hung, a new closet was built and new wool carpet has been put in. However, we still seem to just dump stuff in there rather than keep it organized and clean. I know it's because it isn't really being used right now but I also tend to believe that it's the other way around too...if it was organized and clean then we would use it more!

Anyway, my point was that I want to get more stuff done at home. I love our place and I love spending time at home. I love having people over as much as possible. Both S and I want a home where everyone is welcome all the time. We want Baby (and ourselves) to be surrounded with love and laughter of family and friends in our home.

Maybe the fact that I sit on the couch with my laptop on my knee when I'm home has something to do with me not getting projects completed.

Hmmm

No comments: