Our daughter, aka Baby, has arrived!! She was born on Dec. 30, 2009 and is delicious and amazing! I'd like to try and write out our birth story but that may take awhile. For now, some snippets of the birth and our new life in the past week:
- Baby was born as home, as planned.
- I pushed her out in our bedroom on the floor - I think about this moment often and I'm still so emotionally overwhelmed by the experience.
- I wasn't aware of the massive hormonal shift and rushes that happens after birth and with breast feeding. Wow is all I can say.
- Breastfeeding was very challenging for the first 3 days. It takes more patience and commitment than I expected. (I'm enjoying it a lot now though!)
- The sleep deprivation that S and I are dealing with is beyond what I expected. Some times I have no idea how I am even conscious. Each day it gets a tiny bit easier to deal with.
- Baby is super cute and seems really laid back so far.
So much for posting daily anecdotes of life with a new baby. Or perhaps the lack of posts in itself can be interpreted as the true commentary on the first few days of life with a new baby in our home.
Watch for Baby's birth story and for lots of riveting stories about diapers, breastfeeding and figuring out this whole parenting thing.